A lovely refreshing dessert during the hot summer days but so yummy that you wouldn’t mind enjoying this one all year through. I have been craving terribly for a lemon cheesecake specifically. I am not sure why my taste buds were so demanding and insisted on this, but I whipped up this dessert and boy oh boy, did it do the trick! My favourite was the freshly grated lemon rind intertwined between the fluffy, tangy filling.
To make the base, you will need the following ingredients:
- ¾ cup of almond flour
- ¾ cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 pinch of himalayan salt
- 4Tbl of butter
- Melt the butter and combine with all of the above ingredients until well blended.
- Spread out into a well buttered pyrex dish to form a base for the cheesecake.
- Place this in the refrigerator.
For the filling, we will need the following ingredients:
- 250ml of fresh cream
- ¾ cup of xylitol (can be adjusted to taste).
- ¼ cup of lemon juice (can be adjusted to taste).
- 1Tbl of grated lemon rind
- 225g full fat cream cheese.
- 2Tsp of gelatine
- ½ cup of boiling water.
- Mix the gelatine and the boiling water together in a small bowl and set aside to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Now add the gelatine mixture and continue beating until the filling is smooth and lump free.
- Scoop the mixture onto the base and allow to set in the refrigerator.
Decorate the cheesecake as desired with fruit, cream or banting jelly and enjoy!
Please drop us a comment if you enjoyed it and feel free to share with someone who may benefit from it as well.
Connect with us:
Blog – www.banting-recipes.com
Email – Kindly make use of the Contact Us Page
(For topic suggestions or video requests).
Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/bantingrecipes2
Twitter – https://twitter.com/BumblesBlog @BumblesBlog