So my mum’s birthday was coming up and all I could think of was sitting in a corner feeling depressed while everyone else was enjoying cake. Until this banting chocolate cake entered my life ofcourse hehe. I went over there all prepared and my nightmare of not being able to join in on the eats never materialised. The texture of the cake was really good and it tasted really nice as well. I have always been a fresh cream cake kind of person so if you are like me and you also haven’t quite acquired the taste for dark chocolate, then rather do a fresh cream topping.
To make the cake you will need the following ingredients:
Ingredients for the batter:
- Half a cup xylitol
- Half a cup boiling water
- Half a cup of coconut oil
- 4 Eggs
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of (unsweetened) cocoa
- 1 pinch of himalayan salt
Ingredients for the topping:
- 100g Lindt dark chocolate (70-85%)
- A quarter cup pf xylitol (or sweeten to taste)
- 250ml fresh cream
- Chopped walnuts
Method for the batter:
1. Stir the boiling water, sugar and coconut oil until dissolved.
2. Add 4 egg yolks and mix through well.
3. Now add 3 teaspoons of baking powder and mix well again.
4. Sift one cup of almond flour, together with 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and a pinch of himalayan salt.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and beat until well blended.
6. Grease a pyrex dish with some butter and add the batter.
7. Bake in an oven at 180 degrees celsius (356 degrees fahrenheit) for about 30 minutes or until done.
8. Allow to cool.
Method for the topping:
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the Lindt chocolate, the xylitol and the fresh cream on high for about 2 – 3 minutes.
2. Once the the above ingredients are melted, pour this over the cake and refrigerate until almost set.
3. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts over the top to decorate and allow to set completely.
4. Enjoy your lovely banting chocolate cake 🙂
Connect with us:
Blog – www.banting-recipes.com
Email – Kindly make use of the Contact Us Page
(For topic suggestions or video requests).
Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/bantingrecipes2
Twitter – https://twitter.com/BumblesBlog @BumblesBlog