Hello my beautiful banting friends!
Today we are making this delicious banting banana nut chia porridge. I cannot convey to you how much I enjoyed this! It totally beat the bullet coffee I was having daily as I was rushing out to work everyday and I think most banters are tired of egg and avo brekkies lol.
The sweetness of the banana along with the texture of the nuts and the aroma of the cinnamon totally hit the spot for me.
2 tblsp chia seeds
1 tsp xylitol (to taste)
¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ tsp cinnamon (to taste)
¼ cup fresh cream
3 – 5 raw walnuts
- Mash half of the banana and place into a mason jar or bowl.
- Add the chia seeds, xylitol, almond milk, cinnamon and the vanilla essence.
- Give the ingredients a good stir and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut the other half of the banana into slices and chop the walnuts.
- Add the fresh cream to the mixture, stir and warm up in the microwave.
- Top with sliced banana, chopped walnuts and a dash of cinnamon.
- Enjoy J
I really hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Give it a try and let me have your thoughts? If you made a different version, please feel free to share so that we can all benefit from each other. I love having you here and I would love to hear from you! xx